The mission of the Corporation is to allow the City of Waycross and Ware County:
- To foster the public purpose of returning property that is in a nonrevenue generating, non-tax producing status to an effective utilization status in order to provide housing, new industry and jobs for the citizens of the County.
- To acquire title to certain tax delinquent properties that it will in turn inventory, classify, manage, maintain, protect, rent, lease, repair, insure, alter, sell, trade, exchange or otherwise dispose of under such terms and conditions as determined by the sole discretion of the Corporation.
- In conjunction with the respective school district of Ware County, on a case-by-case basis, and the City of Waycross, to extinguish past due tax liens from property foreclosed upon by Ware County and the City of Waycross in their tax collection capacities.
Review the Land Bank Authority Bylaws here.
Download the Waycross – Ware County Land Bank
Authority Property Application here.
Waycross, Georgia Land Bank Authority Board Members
- Mr. Guy Harris (City) Post 1, Expiration 12/31/22
- Mr. Jon Threat (City)
- Mr. Larry Rood (City)
- Ms. Bertha Gray (City)
- Mr. Leonard Burse (County) Post 5, Expiration 12/31/22
- Mr. Steve Strickland (County)
- Mr. Carlos Nelson (County)
NOTE: All appointments for posts 1-4 are made by the Waycross City Commission. All appointments for posts 5-7 are made by the Ware County Commission. Terms are for four years. After serving one full 4-year term, member must be off of board for at least one (1) year.
Updated: February 24, 2021